HEATHER SHELDEN // Wellness-Driven Interior Designer
Hello and welcome to Natural Design Company (NDC for short)! I’m here to help you create beautiful and healthy spaces. I focus on designing interiors with a focus on healthy products, fabrics and building materials to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals and promote wellness.
I’ve been in love with design since I was kid and rearranged my bedroom about once a month growing up because I was constantly wanting to express my creativity. I love creating spaces that make people feel good. I’ve also studied holistic and natural health since my teens and love incorporating that knowledge into my wellness-driven design projects.
After going through stage 4 cancer and surviving, I realized I wanted to help people’s health while creating beautiful spaces. So many products contain toxic chemicals so I went out to find better ones. I used to work in the building materials industry and started asking lots of questions about healthier products. They aren’t as easy to source but they’re out there and I knew I had found my niche.
I’d describe my style as Modern-ish Simple Oasis with a touch of Sophistication. I lean towards simplicity because clutter can affect your health (thank you Marie Kondo!). I love beautiful architecture and getting inspiration from everywhere I go, especially resort spas because they have such a tranquility factor to them that I love to recreate.
I’m always looking for healthier alternatives to things for my family and my clients. I enjoy working with clients who are curious about wellness-driven design, are flexible, optimistic and fun because we’ll be communicating a lot.
Benefits of working with Natural Design Company:
- We’re early pioneers in the design industry when it comes to “greener” design
- We’ll introduce you to healthier, more non-toxic products for your space
- We are also certified in Natural Health Consulting and use that expertise in our design projects
- We are members of the U.S. Green Building Council in order to stay abreast of the latest in green building (we are working towards our LEED certification)
- We apply Environmental Psychology techniques to create spaces that support stress, balance and mental health
- We believe in exceptional service and positive energy and will bring both as we work on your space
Whether you need a quick room refresh, styling or a full service interior design project, contact us today and take the first step!
YouTube: Natural Design Company
Facebook: Natural Design Company